Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The next morning



Here we have a valiant in my driveway. It's amazing what you find the morning after.
As you can see the car is dirty. Don't think it's been cleaned or seen water in a couple of years. I started playing around with the car to try and get it started and see what worked and what didn't.
This was Black Saturday. It was ging to get to 48 deg that day and a lot of people were to lose there lives. I wasn't out there for long before it got too hot and uncomfortable to work. At about 11:00 I decided to pack it in and hibernate inside. It was at this point that the fire started in Kilmore. Frighteningly close to my house. If the wind was an easterly, I wouldn't be writing this blog!
The wind was so strong that day that about 15mins after this photo was taken, people had already lost there lives in Wandong.

No comments:

Post a Comment