Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New addition to the shed!

After a few months of torture with the hotrod, I've bitten the bullet and bought another car to work on. Crazy? Probably! I can't see the hotrod being finished for a while yet and the thought of having to drive to another car show with the Hilux is driving me nuts. No offense to the Hilux, it's what picks up the parts (and cars) !
The new car is a 1971 Valiant VIP in pretty poor condition. It looks OK from a distance but it's had a bad case of pubescent teenagers trying to "FIX' it! I found the car on E-bay and picked it up for a reasonable price. The car came home on the 6th of Feb, the night before Black Saturday.
I new had something a little special when I was cruising home down the Hume freeway because nearly everycar that went past slowed down to have a sticky beak!This is the photo that was posted on E-bay. As you can see, it's not too bad. A bit of a scrape on the left guard. A fancy paint job and a black vinyl roof. Definately a lot cooler than the Hilux.

No comments:

Post a Comment