Sunday, September 7, 2014

Tomorrow is always a day away.

Well tomorrow has finally arrived! 
Better late than never I reckon.

I'm still on track although it's a year behind.

I appreciate the emails asking if I was OK and apologise for not replying.
I've found myself extremely snowed under with everything else in my life that the VIP went on the back burner. . . . with a problem.

In the last year I've virtually worked myself into the ground. End of 2013 saw me working weekends leading up to christmas. I had a couple of weeks break but couldn't bear to deal with "the problem"

In the new year I went back to school and completed a Diploma to help with work. It was a good distraction from "the problem", but I knew it was still waiting for me.

We had a huge storm a few months ago and the neighbours trampoline took out the power line to the house. After getting the house repaired and the power reconnected there was no avoiding "the problem" any more.

Have I kept you all in suspense??

The Problem:

I got the motor back together. Got it in the car. Put in the new remote oil filter lines. Fired it up. Success! Yay!
There's a noise. There's a noise? Doesn't sound right. What is it?? Listen carefully
Tick. . . . . Tick. . . . . Tick. . . . . Tick.
Where's it coming from?
Rocker cover. Passenger side. Listen carefully.
TICK. . . . TICK. . . . .TICK. . . . .TICK.
Removed the rocker cover.
1 pushrod is just flopping about. Given up the ghost.
Took the rocker assembly off and checked the pushrod. All good, nice and straight.

Realisation!!!

Hydraulic lifter on cylinder 7 inlet has shit itself. I walked away. Head hanging low. I know it needs to be fixed but it's so much work for just a little part. It's a problem I'll get back to.

And it took a year!

Next post will be about getting the engine started again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment