Saturday, May 25, 2013

Engine done. . . . . Well. . . . Not quite

The engines in and done!



The water pump went on, the air conditioner compressor and brackets went on, the alternator and brackets went on, the power steering pump and brackets went on, the radiator went in, all the hoses connected, the air conditioner radiator went in and pipes connected. That was a lot of work!

I started filling the radiator with coolant. I then started seeing coolant on the floor! 

The water pump is knackered! It was working when I had the motor running originally, but now I've green frog juice all over the floor in the shed! Now I have to take ALL the accessories off as the water pump was the first thing that went on!!!!!

ALSO! The oil lines from the bottom of the motor to the filter on top had to come off during the install as they were fouling on the steering box. After 2 hours of up and down trying to get the stupid things in the correct place as they go around the bracket for the auto dipstick, I got one tightened up on the top. AAAARGH!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment