Saturday, February 2, 2013

Air cleaner and rocker covers

I was trying to sand blast the rocker covers and air cleaner so I could spray them up, but unfortunately the compressor gave up the ghost again!.
I took them, along with the A/C and power steering bracketry down to the local bead blaster who did a fantastic job. 

(Insert photo I forgot to take here)

I was then able to try out my black "wrinkle" paint to try and achieve the factory finish.



I was a bit worried! The can said it was a wrinkle finish, but after spraying, it was a full gloss!!!
I checked the instructions and it said it would take at least 2 hours for the wrinkle finish to work. I was a bit relieved, but also a bit concerned I'd have to try and get the paint off and start again.


I went out the next morning and found this. It worked! It looked awesome, except it was at this point I noticed the small dent on the snorkel. A little panel beating and a quick touch up would have it fixed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment